" OZIL'S MISSING PENALTY WAS GOOD NEWS TO ENGLAND"_Wenger On 2-0 Victory

Source: www.arsenal.com


Arsenal boss,Arsène Wenger has revealed his happiness over the marvellous performance and win of his team over Marseille. He told arsenal.com today when he faced the media after Tuesday's win over Marselille. Here comes the transcript of his press conference below:

on a comfortable evening...
We were in control of the game and overall we were never really under threat tonight. We had a good control - maybe sometimes we were missing the cutting edge to finish the game off early on but we felt so much in control that we just played on, thinking that would come. It came a bit late for my taste but it came.

on Wenger saying Wilshere wasn't a regular goalscorer…
If I'm wrong, I'm happy! I liked his first goal. Before, he rushed a little bit. He's starting to think 'what Ramsey can do, I can do as well'. He's calm in front of goal and especially the first goal shows that.

on having 12 points and still not being qualified…
It's unbelievable but it's reality. We have to finish the job. It is not an easy situation - it is a tricky situation because you can think 'OK, let's just not lose big' but I think that would be a mistake. [We need to] go there, play in a positive way and try to win the game. Everything else would be a dangerous gamble. Having said that, Marseille will play the last game at home to Dortmund - they haven't lost [that game] yet. They will have to turn up. They will be under pressure to at least take some points from this group stage.

on if he will field a strong team in Naples…
Yes. We have a big programme - I will have to rotate a little bit until then. We have three Premier League games just before we go to Naples so I'll have to use my squad well without dropping points in the league, and go there with a very strong team.
Jack is starting to think 'what Ramsey can do, I can do as well'. He's calm in front of goal and especially the first goal shows that

on if it's a nuisance…
It is the reality. It's the first time I've seen that in over 150 Champions League games [having 12 points at this stage and not being certain of qualification].

on Marseille…
I think in the first game against us they played very well. They chased after the ball very well tonight and had some young players looking for experience. That would have been good experience for them tonight. I think the fact that Marseille is a team and a city that lives through its football team means that naturally they are always explosive in their attitude.

on Florian Thauvin…
I think when he and Valbuena came on they were more incisive and more dangerous going forward.

on Wilshere adding goals to his game…
My comment about Aaron was a joke but I think that it puts in his mind that he has to score goals as well, certainly when you play football you want your midfielders to score goals.

on Flamini cutting his sleeves…
Yes. I don't like that and he will not do that again. Yes [it is a club tradition] and I was surprised. We don't want that.

on Ozil's missed penalty…
That's good news for England, maybe! I agree that everybody can miss a penalty. I think his run-up to the ball was a bit short, but it's the way he takes them.

on Wilshere playing wide…
He played as a young boy on the flank, on the right side. If I would block him [make him stay] on the flank I understand that he cannot play there, but he is quite free to move inside. He does that in an intelligent way. Sometimes you can find freedom in positions where usually you would be marked if you played more central.

on maturity in his team…
We give out at the moment… is it a conjunction of the fact we have a level of confidence because we have good results recently, or we have matured? I think it's a bit of both. We give the feeling that defensively we master well the situation.

on expecting more from Marseille…
You never know before the game. Perhaps we were a bit too strong tonight, I don't know.

on not qualifying yet...
Listen, this is just pure and simple the result of Marseille being on zero points. They won't want to finish on zero points so hopefully against Dortmund they will play like they did against us in Marseille. If they do that they have a chance and if they draw that would send us through.
Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUSOLA OKE’S FATHER, PROF AKANDE DIES! Busola yet to visit the family

Unveiling Rilwan Adisa Ologolo, The New Actor Producers Are Now Going For