MY IDEAL MAN-Kefee




Irikefe Obareki popularly known as Kefee is an award-winning Nigerian live performing/recording female gospel artiste and United Nations Young Ambassador for Peace who came into the Nigerian entertainment spotlight with her smash hit song and album, "Branama".

Her unique Afro-Centric music appeal recently received global recognition when she was selected as one of the African Artistes to perform for the 2011 edition of The African Festival of the Arts in Chicago(AFA), reportedly watched by over thirty thousand people. With this feat, Kefee has now joined the hallowed list of African music greats to mount the AFA platform such as Angelique Kidjo and Hugh Masekela.

The Sapele, Delta state-born singer, song-writer and skilled dancer, had a troubled marriage issue with her Ex-husband, Alec Godwin who was also his producer and manager, until it ended in a divorce. Kefee recently seems to be back, bigger and better with a fast-food restaurant called Branama Kitchen and a brand new album underway speak with Morakinyo Olugbiji

Q: Your recently launched a fast-food restaurant, what neccesitated it?

A: I have always loved to have something of that nature. I've always loved food, particularly our African dishes. Nigeria is rich in terms of cuisines because of our diversity. Branama Afrique, my entertainment oufit was also established to celebrate African music, culture and fashion. So, Branama Kitchen is just a testimony of my love for African dishes. I will also talk on the entreprenural side, I have quite a number of passions which I intend to transform into business, the food business is just one of them just unveiled. There is fashion line coming soon so you watchout.

Q: So what's special about Branama Kitchen?

A: Branama Kitchen is not just important because it has Kefee's signature, but my main intention for establishing the place is so that people can come and eat healthy, rich and delicious meals.



Q: So, I think I heard some one say Branama is a celebrity restaurant?

A: Ofcourse, you'll have a lot of celebrities stopping by at the restaurant to eat everyday. Some of them where on hand during the launch to witness what we will be offering them. So you can expect Branama Kitchen to be star-studded. We offer all kinds of popular Nigerian foods from Akpu to Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa. In terms of soup too, we offer all sorts of indigenous soup such as Edikae-Kong, Ewedu, Eforiro, bitter leave and so on. You need to try it out.

Q: Are you saying that the public, non-celebrities can not patronise you?

A: Oh, no, no. When I say that you will have stars at the restaurant, I don't mean that you will have only stars visiting, anybody is free to eat at Branama Kitchen. The foods are very affordable for everybody to eat. Even with as little as 400 Naira, you can pack your stomache full with a delicious and healthy meal.

Q: Your fans have waited long for your fourth album, when is it dropping?

A: Very soon. I'm working hard on it. I have released some singles already. During the valentine, I released "Beautiful", a love song. "Beautiful" was produced by the one and only TY-Mix. Before that time, I released "Eguono" featuring Skales, "Dan Maliyo" featuring Becca from Ghana, and "No Be Sapele Water" produced by K-Solo.

Q: That reminds me, "Kokoroko" your smash hit produced by K-Solo was so successful, it finds its way into the club, how does that make you feel?

A: I tell you, my joy is boundless. I give God the glory for the gift of talent. When I sang "Branama", my fans embraced it. It did great and is still being appreciated all over. However, "Kokoroko" produced by K-solo and features, Egberi Papa 1 of Bayelsa even surprised me more. "Kokoroko" got 6 nominations and 2 awards at the 2009 Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), Hip-Hop World Awards and many others.

Q: Most people are unaware that you formed a music group with another another artiste, could you tell us about that?

A: It's not as if we were a group, her name is Estee, a friend of mine. We both came together to do a joint album. That was the beginning of my professional foray into music. We released the album in the year 2000 and it was titled "Trip". However, my first solo effort was in 2003 with Branama. And as everybody knows, Branama was greeted with a rousing reception and the rest now, as they say, is history.

Q: How successful would you say that the album Branama was?

A: It was huge and turned my life around. Branama was well accepted that we sold nine hundred thousand (900,000) audio cassettes within three weeks of the album's release and over two million copies of CDs/VCDs in a month. Yes, it was that successful. It reception was overwhelming, you know what I mean, for a gospel artiste?

Q: What do you have to say to the claim by your ex-husband, Alec Godwin, that you didn't really have a singing talent and that it took his effort for "Branama to be successful?

A: Well, so after Branama, did my career died or progressed? I did "A peace of me" which had such hit like "Kokoro", when I became single again, and according to many of my fans that was still my biggest effort till date. So, without speaking too much, you yourself can easily tell the insignificance of that claim. God made me who I am today. He gave me my talents and to him alone, belongs the glory.

Q: First, you did Branama, followed by Branama 2 and then "A piece of Me", of all these three albums, which would you say is your biggest effort so far?

A: Truth is, my three albums have been very wonderful. They are all big in their own rights. Even though, my fans will tell you they prefer one to the other, but for me I will honestly tell you that the three albums have enjoyed so much energy and hardwork from me. I put in my best into each album. That's me for you. I work on everything I do as if that's going to be my last. But if you still ask me, I will tell you that my best effort is yet to come. Wait for my forth coming album

Q: You know, it's really interesting that you were able to get your groove back after your bitter marriage with Alec?

A: The Bible says, I can do all things through christ who strenghtens me. God is my strenght. He's always been by my side and He stood by me during my time of difficulty. He is with me in all situation, so there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get back up.

Q: He recently remarries, what do you think?

A: Enough about my past, I don't want to talk about my past. Please let's talk about something else.

Q: Ok, could you tell us about your relationship, about the man in your life?

A: I don't want to talk about that either.

Q: Atleast, you'll tell us what you look out for in an ideal man.

A: My ideal man is a God-fearing man. He must believe in mmy vision and not be insecured with my achievement. My idea man must have respect for women and love me for who I am. That basically are some of the qualities of my ideal man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUSOLA OKE’S FATHER, PROF AKANDE DIES! Busola yet to visit the family

Unveiling Rilwan Adisa Ologolo, The New Actor Producers Are Now Going For